April 4 to 10 is National Public Health Week, an observance that reinforces the value of vital health information, education, and practice to the American public.
IQ Solutions’ commitment to improved public health prevention and particularly to health equity is expressed in many ways, including:
- Our work to curb tobacco use, especially by America’s youth
- Through the creation of our award-winning digital tools, such as mobile applications, which place crucial health information and reminders into the hands of those who can most benefit
- Research into the use of data visualization and analytics and their application to advance our clients’ missions with greater success
- Contribution to studies that advance knowledge in the areas of heart failure and atrial fibrillation in women as well as customized research to ensure the participation of minority women with heart disease
- A dedication to maternal and child health, expressed through coordination of innovative campaigns
- The priority that people who do not speak English enjoy equal access to digital health information through our responsive websites en español
- Communication of health information at levels and in language that all health information seekers can comprehend
IQ Solutions’ work is guided by both Healthy People 2020 Objectives and the “Core Functions and Essential Services of Public Health,” which are:
- The assessment and monitoring of the health of at-risk communities and populations to identify health problems and priorities
- The formulation of public policies designed to solve identified local and national health problems and priorities
- The assurance that all populations have access to appropriate and cost-effective care, including health promotion and disease prevention services
Essential Services of Public Health Are as Follows:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and act to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and ensure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Ensure a competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
IQ Solutions is Committed to the Health of Our Staff
The Wellness for Life program offers an array of opportunities for staff to be active and healthy, from Zumba, kickboxing, and Tai Chi, to biking and running clubs, from nutrition demonstrations to influenza vaccinations. Our staff have voted us a Washington Post Top Workplace for 2 consecutive years. We have also been honored as the Washington Business Journal’s “Healthiest Employer” for 3 years and with a Helios Apollo Award for staff wellness. A healthy team is a happy and productive workforce.
IQ Solutions stands with many partners in pledging to continue to promote health in all populations and do our part to move the United States toward being the “Healthiest Nation.”
Learn more about the American Public Health Association’s Healthiest Nation 2030 initiative.